FAQ Telegram (numbered)
Reasons for blocking a Telegram account (getting banned)
- Occasional blocking.
There are cases when algorithms worked automatically and imposed a constraint for no reason. For example, if you send all your friends, classmates or colleagues an invitation to some event. If you are innocent of violations, there is a way to restore your Telegram account. In this case, you need to send a letter to email@example.com, where you can describe the situation in detail, if possible, backing it up with evidence. It will take a while, the support team is usually very busy. But after two or three days, restrictions can be removed from the account if the robot was mistaken in detecting a violation.
In addition to the classic presentation of spam as random advertising mailing, individual active calls to follow a link, repeated messages, anything that the Telegram community will not like - even a simple greeting if the recipient considers it inappropriate, can be considered a violation. This is possible because any user can ban another, as well as complain about a message sent in public chats and channels. Therefore, the likelihood of spamming and getting unpunished is rather low. How to send a complaint: in order to report a post in public communities, which, in your opinion, violates the Telegram rules, you should tap on it and select the corresponding Complain item. No less convenient is the Report Spam button, which appears when incoming from non-contacts. From the simplicity of the complaints procedure, the opposite is a fairly common problem - the arrival of unfair punishments and bans. There are several types of punishments for spam: - Temporary and permanent limitation of the ability to write to non-contacts; - Directly banned with read-only mode: only viewing channels is available, and not only the account, but also the IP address may be banned.
- Incorrect login password.
The developers are trying to minimize the risk of hacking user accounts as much as possible, so there is a restriction on entering personal data no more than 5 times in a row. Problems usually occur when the wrong keyboard layout is selected, the password is too long, or consists of uppercase and lowercase letters of the Latin alphabet, as a result of which there is an increase in the likelihood of incorrect input.
- Exceeding the number of active sessions. By default, Telegram has an active session limit of 5 devices. For example, you are simultaneously logged into your Telegram account in the following ways: - connected Telegram to Bitrix24 using ChatApp;
- logged in from the desktop version;
- from two mobile devices;
- from the web version;
thus, you have come to the limit of active sessions. If you log in from another device, restrictions may be introduced on your account, and the integration will not work correctly.
Important! Control the number of active sessions in the Telegram mobile application settings in the "Devices" section in order to avoid account restrictions.
How can I see if there are any restrictions on my account?
Open the search in Telegram, find the @spambot channel, start a chat with it with the Start button. If there are restrictions, the bot will inform you for how long the restriction is imposed on you.
How to avoid blocking?
The developers of the application strongly recommend that new users carefully read all the clauses of the agreement, and also not neglect the study of the rules. The ban will probably be bypassed if:
Behave correctly in discussions. People will react to inappropriate behavior and insults with massive complaints, which will lead to an eternal account ban.
Do not use the messenger to promote goods and services. Not everyone likes advertising mailings, so soon the spammer will be able to admire the blue inscription on the white screen.
Observe the rules established by the administration of the resource.
Don't invite a huge number of people to the channel. The section can be very interesting and useful, but the algorithms interpret the increased enthusiasm in their own way.
Preventing an account ban is much easier than puzzling over the question of what to do if a Telegram number is blocked. The ban will be especially felt by the owners of personal businesses, who will suffer real losses. The creators of the program advise to strictly follow the established rules, since it is difficult to pity the moderators. Their job is to control order, so it's best not to count on compassion.
What not to do?
- Advertising mailing, even if users are interested in it.
- By sending links to third-party and internal resources.
- Do not promote products, info courses and casinos. A couple of complaints and you're in the bath.
- Do not invite to channels, chats in droves.
- Do not post messages in chats where it is forbidden to advertise your channels and products. Let the chat be open to everyone, but no one likes spam, so if users don't like your links, they can complain about you.
- If you start adding new contacts continuously, you can add no more than 15 contacts.
- If you add contacts gradually during the day, for example: now you have added two, after an hour you have added one, after another hour you added two, then in this case the account does not fall into the restrictions.
- If the daily limit has already been exhausted (15 contacts), then all the following days you can add no more than 5 contacts.
- Also, when the daily limit is exhausted, when you try to add a new contact, it will be displayed as "the contact does not use Telegram", although the number is registered.
- Synchronization of the phone book with Telegram - no restrictions.