Android developer mode
Developer Mode on tablets and phones adds a set of special features to device settings intended for developers, but sometimes requested by general device users. With it, you can configure your phone so that the integration with ChatsApp works more stable.
Enabling Developer Mode on Android
Necessary steps for the menu item "Developer Options" to appear
- Go to the settings and at the bottom of the list open the About Phone item.
- On some Android versions, after going to Phone info, you need to select Software info.
- In the list with data about your device, find the Build number item (for some phones, for example, MEIZU - "MIUI version").
- Start clicking on this item repeatedly. During this (but not from the first clicks), notifications will appear that you are on the right track to enable developer mode (different notifications on different versions of android).
- At the end of the process, you will see the message "Developer mode is enabled."
Now, to go to developer mode options, you can open Settings - Developer options or Settings - Advanced - Developer options (on Meizu, ZTE and some others). It may be necessary to additionally move the developer mode switch to the On position. And switch the item Do not turn off the screen to On.
How to disable Android developer mode
The standard Android settings in the Developer options item have an ON-OFF switch for developer mode, however, when you turn off developer mode in this way, the item itself does not disappear from the settings.
To remove it, follow these steps:
- Go to settings - applications and turn on the display of all applications (on Samsung this may look like multiple tabs).
- Find the Settings app in the list and tap on it.
- Open Storage.
- Click Data Cleanup.
- In this case, you will see a warning that all data, including accounts, will be deleted, but in fact everything will be in order and your Google account and others will not go anywhere.
- Once the Settings app data has been removed, Developer Options will disappear from the Android menu.
On some phone and tablet models, the Wipe data option is not available for the Settings app. In this case, you will only be able to remove the developer mode from the menu by resetting the phone to factory settings with data loss.
If you decide on this option, then save all important data outside the Android device (or sync it with Google), and then go to Settings - Restore, reset - Factory reset, carefully read the warning about what exactly is a reset and confirm the start of recovery factory settings if you agree.